Trying to lose weight but not having any success? If you try to do too much at once, you’ll get overwhelmed and eventually quit. Make small changes so you can reach your weight loss goals. The little victories will lead you to the big one.
5 small, simple things you can start doing today for weight loss success:
1. Eat breakfast within a hour of waking up. Eating breakfast right after you wake up kickstarts your metabolism. Instead of eating simple carbs like cereal, have a good hearty breakfast that consists of eggs. Eggs are known to keep you full for up to 3-4 hours!
2. Increase your daily water intake. If you don’t drink enough water, you will feel tired, crave sweets, and feel hungry. YES, your body sometimes confuses thirst with hunger. If you’re feeling hungry, drink water first. If you’re still hungry, then eat. Not only will drinking more water help you feel better, but you will feel full which aides in weight loss.
Formula to figure out how much water you should be drinking per day:
Your body weight÷2 Then divide by 8 to find the number of cups of water you should be drinking: For example: 105÷2=52.5÷8=6.6 cups of water per day.
3. Eat every 3-4 hours. Eating small meals throughout the day helps stabilize your blood sugar. When you skip a meal, your blood sugar will drop. If your blood sugar drops, your body goes into fat storing mode.
4. Take a walk early in the morning. Wake up 30 minutes early and go for a walk. Walking not only burns calories and boost your metabolism, but the suns rays will invigorate you. You’ll be more alert and feel better.
5. Weigh yourself once a week. Studies show weighing yourself weekly helps keep the weight off. Weight fluctuates during the day so make sure you weigh yourself at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat so use a tape measure too. If the number on the scale goes up but the number on the tape measure goes down, it’s muscle gain. If the number on the scale goes up and the number on the tape measure goes up, then it’s fat gain.
Stay consistent and you will start to see progress in your weight loss efforts!