I wish I had known about the benefits of using resistance bands and tubes years before I took my first class. In 2012, the local gym I attended announced the launch of a new program, CXWORX. We were told it was a strength training class but instead of using weights, we would be using resistance tubes to build our core functional strength, melt fat, and build muscle. I was intrigued and decide to give it a try. I am so glad I did.
After taking the class for a little over a month, I noticed a HUGE difference in my body. Family and friends noticed too. Not only did I feel stronger, but there was an obvious improvement in my entire body. I had jiggly areas that were starting to firm up. My arms, legs,chest, back, shoulders, butt, and even my abs were more defined. I was HOOKED! The benefits of using resistance tubes and bands were so much more than I could have ever expected.
*Some of the links in my blog posts are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
**Feminae Fitness is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Read Affiliate disclosure in sidebar for more information.
Benefits of Using Resistance Bands and Tubes:
1. Resistance bands and tubes are made for all fitness levels. They come in different resistance levels so if you are new to strength training or working out in general, you can start with the light band and slowly work your way up. If you have been strength training for some time, you can start with the heavier bands for a more challenging workout.
2. They are Affordable. You could get a set of high quality resistance bands or a tube for less than $15. I own a set of LizardMad Resistance Loop Bands (purchased on Amazon) and loved them so much that I purchased a set for my son.
I also recommend SPRI Xertube (Amazon). They are high quality and durable. Just like with the bands, each tube color represents a different resistance level.
3. Easy to use. They are not complicated to use. There’s really not much to it. Even my 3 year old figured out how to use them just by watching me.
4. Saves time when working out. There’s no set up required. Just grab a band or tube and get to work! Multiple muscle groups can be worked at one time so workout time can be slashed.
5. They are just as effective as using Free Weights. Build muscle, power and strength with bands and tubes.
6. You can get a total body workout with one band. You can seriously work every single muscle group with one band or tube.
7. They are flexible. Because resistance bands and tubes are flexible, there are literally hundreds of exercises you can do. You can do a ton of creative moves that you normally wouldn’t be able to do when using weights.
8. Resistance bands and tubes are portable. Pop a band or tube in your bag and you’ve got a whole gym at your fingertips. No assembly required. You could exercise literally ANYWHERE. I have used my bands and tubes at the park, while standing in line at the grocery store, in the lobby while waiting for my son to finish his tumbling class, while waiting for my dr. in the small room, in the yard while baby plays, on vacation, at the pool, etc.
9. They are easy to store. Resistance bands are small and lightweight so they are easy to carry around and won’t take up any space. Fold your band or tube and put it in a drawer. Stick it in your bag and carry it with you.
10. You could use resistance bands and tubes in most fitness formats. Bands and tubes can be used while doing yoga, Pilates, HIIT, core training, or combine them with weights when strength training.
The benefits of using resistance bands and tubes are limitless. Whether you are trying to build muscle, lose weight, or build strength, resistance bands and tubes are an amazing tool that will help you reach your fitness goals.